Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome!


Hello!  Many of you know me from Overflowing With Thanksgiving  (all4boys.blogspot.com).  It hit me today that I need to devote a whole blog to my sweet Daddy.

We have spent every Friday afternoon together (give or take a few missed days) for the past seven years or so.  It started when Jonah and Noah were little bitty...I'm thinking they were two.  They were young enough that he might have started coming over with the intention of helping me.  Goodness knows at that time, I needed all the hands I could get!

It has become my favorite tradition.  We have grown so much closer over the years, and I can honestly say that he's one of my very best friends.  He knows so many things about me, and about my kids...it warms my heart to witness him with them.

I'll tell you more about our relationship as time goes on, but for tonight, I'm going to tell you about our conversation today.

We talked about family.  Something we both hold very dear.  I was telling him about my mom's brother...my Uncle Wayne.  She got a phone call last night that he's been diagnosed with cancer and is only expected to live a few more weeks.

*I'll stop here and ask a favor...will you please pray for him?  I just pray that the good Lord will take him soon and peacefully, if that is His will.  I don't want him to suffer...and his quality of life right now is not good.*

Our conversation about my uncle led us to many more little conversations about our family.  He ended up telling me stories about my mom's parents that I didn't remember.  It was a really cool afternoon, and one that I think is priceless.  I enjoyed hearing some different things from him today.

My take-away for you today is this: think about the conversations you have with your loved ones.  Make them count.  Don't take anything for granted, and view every moment together as a gift from God.  We never know when it might be our last one.

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with Whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change."

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment