Saturday, March 21, 2020

89?!

Since we're all on lockdown thanks to COVID19, I figured now is a good time to update this blog.  I kept forgetting I had it, and just let all that time go by. 


This was Dad and me at the beginning of this past December.  I had a choir concert at church, and he and my stepmom came.  I remember thinking on that night, that no matter how old I get, he loves to support me in all my endeavors.  He does this by coming to concerts I sing in at church, and in reading what I write.  I'm so grateful for his influence.

It's crazy to think this handsome fella will be eighty-nine years young on the 29th of this month.  He still looks so great!  I have really good genes in my family, both in him and in my mom.  Neither one of them look their age.

I had grand plans to celebrate his birthday by having them over for dinner, but I suppose we will postpone that.  Trish and I are cooking up an idea, though...

We're still hanging out on Fridays, though not during all of this crazy time.  I am looking forward to getting back to it, I feel like it's been weeks since I've seen him.  We've been talking on the phone every couple of days, though, and texting all the time.

Such is life, for now.  I am glad he texts and that he and Sandy are staying well and keeping to themselves.  (You should SEE his emoji usage.)

💕

No comments:

Post a Comment