Saturday, March 21, 2020

Christmas traditions


Every year for as long as I can remember, we've had "Thanksgiving" with Dad and Sandy on Friday after Thanksgiving.  We would meet out at their house, eat early, ooh and ahh over all the lights we hung, and then we'd leave for the zoo and Zoo Lights. 

In 2018, though, we got rained out.

I'm so glad that this year, we went, and we wouldn't let Dad pay for it.  Todd bought our tickets online this year, and this is Trish, Dad and me at one of the trees at the entrance.  We weren't able to ride the tram much, because of all the crowds, but Dad did great.  We went nice and slow, and Trish and I loved hanging back with him and talking and laughing.  Sandy didn't join us this night, and she didn't in 2017 either, so it was just us and my hubby and boys.  I'm sad she didn't go, but I surely understand needing some recouperating time from cooking a huge meal.

This was a fun, fun night.  I love traditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment