Saturday, March 21, 2020

zoo days


My dad and I have always spent time together, but when these guys were all younger, we went to the zoo almost every week.  Dad had a grandparent's pass, and it got all the boys, him, plus one other in every time we went.  We would laugh every time we went there, that we never did the same thing twice in a row.  One time we went there and all the boys wanted to do was eat and play on the playground.  One time we went and stayed in the Northwest Passage the whole day. 

I am so glad we had these times together.  It's different now, we're all older, and once the boys started driving, they become more social and didn't want to go there anymore.  This picture above is the last time we went, just the six of us on a regular Friday.  We were standing there, and I had been standing beside Drew, and he leaned over to me and whispered, "Mom, this is nowhere near as exciting as it used to be."  After I took a few seconds to swallow the giant lump that instantly appeared in my throat, I told him it was, they had just grown up.

If nothing else, that day taught me to treasure those memories.  I wouldn't trade one single memory for all the money in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment