Saturday, March 21, 2020

Christmas Lights!


Dad loves Christmas lights.  They've always been his pride and joy every year, but once he started getting older, Trish and all my boys and me started doing this for him.  He used to help some, but for the last few years, we've only let him supervise and bring us things via his John Deere riding mower.

This year, our lights crew was this many strong.

Two of my boys were out of town, one was sick, and the other one got a free pass.  It took longer, but we outdid ourselves and the lights looked better than ever.  I love doing this for him and with him and Trish, and it's an honor to be able to serve the Lord by serving Dad. 

His prayer every year is that they wouldn't just be something pretty to look at, but that the lights would be seen as a reflection of the light that Jesus is to a lost and dying world.  Here is the verse he bases that on:

Jesus spoke to them again: "I am the light of the world.  Anyone who follows me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life."  (John 8:12)

Lord, let that always be so...not just in Christmas lights, but in every part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment